- July14Visitor Guide Exhibitor Guide Purchase TicketsView Event Details
Bob Lutz Entertained Crowd of More than 220 on April 25 at Cooper Technica
Bob Lutz (right, with Concours Co-Chair David Cooper), the former vice chairman of General Motor Corporation and a former executive at BMW, Ford, and Chrysler, entertained a crowd of more than 220 at Cooper Technica on April 26. Lutz has written two books, Car Guys vs. Bean Counters: The Battle for the Soul of American Business, and Icons and Idiots: Straight Talk on Leadership. He is also co-owner of VL Automotive, a manufacturer of low-volume, high-performance automobiles.
Lutz spoke as a part of the Barrington Concours’ “Year-Long Celebration of the Automobile.” The event was co-sponsored by the Barrington Concours, Cooper Technica, and CLASS (Chicago Loop Auto Sport Society). Hagerty Insurance provided generous corporate sponsorship to underwrite the event, Fig Catering provided refreshments, and Spiegelberg Landscape Design provided decor.
All proceeds benefitted the Legends & Legacies Foundation, which raises money for local charities through an ongoing series of educational events focusing on automotive history, design, and technology.
More photos are available on the Cooper Technica, Inc. Facebook page.
Concours Tickets Now on Sale for July 12–14, 2013
We have an extraordinary show planned for the 7th Barrington Concours d’Elegance at Makray Memorial Golf Club. We will be featuring a collection of Voisin vehicles from the Mullin Automotive Collection in Oxnard, California, as well as extraordinary Duesenbergs, Indy Cars, Corvettes, Porsches, Mini Cars, Muscle Cars, Vincent Motorcycles and more. Special awards will be given to Randy Ema, Bob McKee, Bob Shaw, and Lou Natenshon, Pat Morse, Carl Edwards, and Bill Siegfriedt of Auto Historica. For event tickets, click here.
2013 Vehicle Classes
Nominations are now open for qualified vehicles for our 2013 show that fit into the following classes:
- Special Exhibition “Flights of Fancy”: Avions Voisin Cars, including six from the Mullin Automotive Museum, Oxnard, California
- Special Exhibition – Cars of Bob McKee
- Special Exhibition – Cars of Bob Shaw
- Special Exhibition – Military Vehicles
- Special Exhibition – Survivors®
- “Haute Couture”: European Pre-War Cars
- “American Royalty”: Duesenbergs
- “Before the War”: American Pre-War Vehicles
- “European Renaissance”: European Post-War Cars
- “America Rising”: American Post-War Cars
- “Horsepower Wars”: Muscle Cars
- “Stars of Indy”: Indy Cars
- “50 Years of 911”: Porsche: Celebrating the 50th year of the 911
- “America’s Dream”: Corvette: Celebrating Corvette’s 60th Anniversary
- “Think Small”: Mini Cars
- “Shadow and Lightning”: Vincent Motorcycles
- “Singles, Twins, and Fours”: European Motorcycles
Click here for more information on nominating your vehicle.
Watch the video!