- July14Visitor Guide Exhibitor Guide Purchase TicketsView Event Details
Five French Avoins Voisins to Star at 7th Annual Barrington Concours d’Elegance
The 7th Annual Barrington Concours d’Elegance is making history by featuring five of the finest classic French Avions Voisins in existence for the first time in the Midwest. The Mullin Automotive Museum, in Oxnard Calif., is sending the five feature cars built between the 1920s and 1930s to be displayed at the Concours on July 14, 2013, at the Makray Memorial Golf Club in Barrington, Ill.
“It’s an honor to host this extraordinary exhibit of Avions Voisins from the collection of Peter Mullin and the Mullin Automotive Museum,” said David Cooper, Concours Co-Chair and Chief Executive Officer. “It will be the first time that these iconic vehicles will be shown in the Midwest. Gabriel Voisin was a brilliant, though eccentric, engineer and designer. These cars represent the breadth of his conceptual thinking as it progressed through turbulent times.”
Among the cars being displayed is the 1934 C27 Figoni Roadster featuring a special low chassis (shown above). Using a modified C24 chassis fitted with a bright-yellow Figoni 2-Seater Drop Head body, this unique Voisin was purchased for 20,300 French francs following its display at the Madrid Auto Salon in 1934. According to a previous owner, the original buyer was the Shah of Persia. Peter Mullin purchased this elegant roadster and put it through a comprehensive restoration.
But perhaps the highest profile of the group is the 1935 C25 Aerodyne, which was the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance “Best of Show” winner. Read more…
Photos by Michael Furman Photography.
Concours Tickets Now on Sale for July 12–14, 2013
We have an extraordinary show planned for the 7th Barrington Concours d’Elegance at Makray Memorial Golf Club. We will be featuring a collection of Voisin vehicles from the Mullin Automotive Collection in Oxnard, California, as well as extraordinary Duesenbergs, Indy Cars, Corvettes, Porsches, Mini Cars, Muscle Cars, Vincent Motorcycles and more. Special awards will be given to Randy Ema, Bob McKee, Bob Shaw, and Lou Natenshon, Pat Morse, Carl Edwards, and Bill Siegfriedt of Auto Historica. For event tickets, click here.
2013 Vehicle Classes
Nominations are now open for qualified vehicles for our 2013 show that fit into the following classes:
- Special Exhibition “Flights of Fancy”: Avions Voisin Cars, including six from the Mullin Automotive Museum, Oxnard, California
- Special Exhibition – Cars of Bob McKee
- Special Exhibition – Cars of Bob Shaw
- Special Exhibition – Military Vehicles
- Special Exhibition – Survivors®
- “Haute Couture”: European Pre-War Cars
- “American Royalty”: Duesenbergs
- “Before the War”: American Pre-War Vehicles
- “European Renaissance”: European Post-War Cars
- “America Rising”: American Post-War Cars
- “Horsepower Wars”: Muscle Cars
- “Stars of Indy”: Indy Cars
- “50 Years of 911”: Porsche: Celebrating the 50th year of the 911
- “America’s Dream”: Corvette: Celebrating Corvette’s 60th Anniversary
- “Think Small”: Mini Cars
- “Shadow and Lightning”: Vincent Motorcycles
- “Singles, Twins, and Fours”: European Motorcycles
Click here for more information on nominating your vehicle.
Watch the video!